Besides being easy and quick, this irresistible recipe starts with our all-natural homemade sweet cornbread mix made with plenty of yellow cornmeal and just the right amount of sweetness. No nasty food additives here! The recipe offers a wonderful gluten-free option which is a life-saver when entertaining guests with gluten sensitivities. In fact, other guests will not even notice when this comforting and tasty side dish is made gluten-free.
- 2 cups (292 grams) Homemade Sweet Cornbread Mix recipe by Wicked Good Kitchen™
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113 grams) unsalted butter, melted & cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs (mine weighed 105 grams w/o shells), lightly beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) can Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can Del Monte® Cream Style Golden Sweet Corn
- 1 cup (240 grams) dairy sour cream, such as Daisy® Brand
- 1 to 2 tablespoons (21 to 42 grams) honey
- Arrange oven rack in middle of oven and preheat oven to 350º F. Grease 9×9-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine Homemade Sweet Cornbread Mix, butter, eggs, whole and creamed corn, sour cream and honey. Mix until well blended. With rubber spatula, scrape mixture into prepared baking dish. Smooth top with spatula.
- Bake in preheated oven until the pudding is set and top is light golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
When measuring Homemade Sweet Cornbread Mix by Wicked Good Kitchen™, spoon the mix into cup and level off. Do not pack firmly or this will cause over-measuring.
To substitute canned whole kernel corn, use 1½ cups frozen whole kernel corn.
For Gluten-Free Option: Prepare Homemade Sweet Cornbread Mix by Wicked Good Kitchen™ and substitute 1½ cups (192 grams) Cup4Cup (C4C) Gluten-Free Flour (INGREDIENTS: Cornstarch, white rice flour, brown rice flour, milk powder, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum.), available at Williams-Sonoma, or your favorite gluten-free flour blend (that includes guar gum or xanthan gum) measured cup for cup or by grams, in place of the all-purpose wheat flour called for in recipe.
NOTE: Wicked Good Kitchen highly recommends canned Del Monte® Whole Kernel Corn and Cream Style Golden Sweet Corn as this quality brand uses non-GMO corn and their creamed corn is naturally gluten free as the modified food starch contained within is derived from corn and not wheat—thus, making it safe for Celiacs and those with allergies or sensitivities to wheat.
For additional information, please visit the Del Monte® Product Page for complete list of ingredients for Cream Style Golden Sweet Corn and their FAQ Page addressing Gluten Free questions relating to their products.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.