An enchanting White Hot Chocolate made Pumpkin-Spice Style with Trader Joe’s® ethereal Pumpkin Butter and topped with a ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream. Forget about Hot Buttered Rum. And, spiked eggnog for that matter. Just add bourbon, such as Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon, and Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur to make our fabulous spiked version. Both dairy free and gluten free options are included. The perfect hot chocolate for the winter holiday season!
An Enchanting Hot Holiday Drink:
Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate
with Cheesecake Whipped Cream
Today’s recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake White Hot Chocolate was inspired by the use of Cheesecake Whipped Cream to make a Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate like no other. Our white hot chocolate is entirely different than others by incorporating whipped cream cheese in the whipped cream topping. Let’s talk in detail about this cozy warm mug full of deliciousness beyond words. Beyond.
Our Pumpkin Cheesecake White Hot Chocolate is quite magical. Magical because we use Trader Joe’s® Pumpkin Butter which is all-natural, extraordinary tasting it right from the spoon and also makes this recipe incredibly easy to prepare. No need to make and fuss over pumpkin purée simple syrup. Just pop open a jar, dip your spoon in there and stir some pumpkin spice wicked goodness into your Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate.
What really makes this recipe stand out from other white hot chocoalte recipes is that the ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream topping is made with prepared whipped cream cheese by Philadelphia® brand. In fact, I like to use our iSi Cream Whipper to make things more fun and convenient (read: storing leftovers in the fridge) for the holidays.
Simplicity is what makes this recipe such a good one. Since most people purchase heavy whipping cream by the half pint (1 cup), or pint (2 cups) our ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream calls for 1 cup (which can easily be doubled) and we adjusted from there with the remaining ingredients and then added pure vanilla extract for a great cheesecake flavor. From there, we added Trader Joe’s® Pumpkin Butter to the White Hot Chocolate and offered up options for dairy free and gluten free as well as a variation for a warming spiked version. Your favorite mug has never been filled with such holiday cheer as this hot chocolate!
What makes our recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake White Hot Cocoa wicked good? An enchanting white hot chocolate recipe incorporating White Chocolate by Callebaut®, Trader Joe’s® Pumpkin Butter and Cheesecake Whipped Cream to produce a creamy, white chocolate and perfectly spiced Pumpkin Hot Chocolate. Simply add Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon and Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur for our sublime spiked version. Dairy-free and gluten-free options included. What’s not to love?
Warmest wishes to you and yours for a Christmas holiday that is both merry and bright!
Below is a Pinterest-friendly sized image to pin at Pinterest:
An enchanting white hot chocolate recipe incorporating White Chocolate by Callebaut®, Trader Joe’s® Pumpkin Butter and Cheesecake Whipped Cream to produce a creamy, white chocolate and perfectly spiced Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate. Simply add Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon and Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur for our sublime spiked version. Dairy-free and gluten-free options included.
For the ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream
- 1 cup (240 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (44 grams) whipped cream cheese, such as Philadelphia®
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract, such as Nielsen-Massey®
For the Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups (960 ml) whole milk
- 8 ounces (227 grams) white chocolate, such as Callebaut®, chopped
- 8 tablespoons (144 grams) pumpkin butter, such as Trader Joe’s®
For the Topping Garnishes
- Freshly grated whole nutmeg
- Caramel sauce
- 4 cinnamon sticks measuring 4-inches, optional
- Cream Whipper, helpful but not necessary
- Prepare the ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the cream, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. Beat at high speed until the mixture has almost thickened to stiff peaks when the beaters are lifted from the bowl, about 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Cream Whipper Method: In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, blend the cream, sugar, cream cheese and vanilla together until smooth and creamy and only small flecks of cream cheese remain. (Don’t worry, the cream whipper will take care of those remaining tiny flecks.) Beat at medium-low speed (setting 4 on KitchenAid stand mixer) until thickened but still liquid, about 2 minutes. Pour mixture into cream whipper vessel and charge according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Prepare the Pumpkin White Hot Chocolate: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, warm the milk until it is hot to the touch, about 4 minutes. Whisk in white chocolate and stir until it is melted and fully incorporated into the milk. Whisk in pumpkin butter until well blended and heated through. Remove pan from the heat and divide hot cocoa among 4 large mugs. Top each mug with a generous dollop of ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream or dispense from cream whipper.
- To Garnish Hot Chocolate: Dust the ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream over the top of each mug with freshly grated whole nutmeg and drizzle with caramel sauce. Add cinnamon stick to each mug. Serve immediately.
Any milk will work just fine for this recipe. We used whole milk making it nice and rich. Two-percent (2%) milk will make it lighter and skim milk will make it the lightest.
For Gluten Free Option: Use a brand of white chocolate that is known to be gluten free.
For Dairy Free Option: Substitute ½ cup unsweetened almond milk and ½ cup full fat coconut milk per serving for whole milk. Substitute 1 ounce 100% pure cocoa butter, such as Callebaut®, 2 tablespoons organic granulated cane sugar and 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract for each serving (2 ounces) of white chocolate. Over medium heat, melt cocoa butter in saucepan. Add sugar and vanilla; whisk until sugar granules dissolve. Whisk in almond and coconut milks, then pumpkin butter. Heat thoroughly before pouring into mug. Use whipped coconut cream in lieu of ‘Cheesecake’ Whipped Cream and coconut caramel sauce in lieu of caramel sauce.
For the Spiked Option: To make Pumpkin-Bourbon-Hazelnut Cheesecake White Hot Chocolate: Add 1 shot of bourbon and liqueur per mug (about 1½ ounces or 3 tablespoons total). We like to add 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) bourbon, such as Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon, and 1 tablespoon (½ ounce) Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.