What makes our Light & Airy Millet Sandwich Bread wicked good? Did we mention how easy it is to prepare and that it is moist and tasty? Not only that, it is good for you. Why not whip up some dough and bake a loaf today?
- 2 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoons (300 grams) millet flour
- 1 cup (125 grams) tapioca flour
- ¼ cup (41 grams) potato starch
- ¾ cup (78 grams) golden flax seed meal
- ¼ cup (24 grams) organic whole psyllium husk flakes
- 4 teaspoons (14 grams) instant yeast, preferably SAF Yeast (red label)
- ½ teaspoon (3.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 large eggs (112 grams), slightly beaten
- ¼ cup (50 grams) light olive oil, plus extra for greasing bowl for rising
- 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey
- 2 cups warm (110ºF.) water
- Extra millet flour for kneading
- Prepare large (1.5-pound, 10″ x 5″ x 3″ high) nonstick loaf pan by greasing it with olive oil and lining bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, golden flax seed meal, psyllium flakes, yeast and salt.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients; add the eggs, oil, honey and water. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Meanwhile, prepare oven for dough rising. See Recipe Notes below for How to Use a Warm Oven for Yeast Dough Rise.
- Grease a large bowl with olive oil. Scrape dough into prepared bowl and cover with loosely with oiled plastic flood wrap.
- Set dough inside warmed oven until double in bulk, about 20 minutes.
- Punch down dough and knead a few minutes on a lightly dusted work surface.
- Shape dough into a rounded log and place into prepared pan.
- Once again, prepare oven for dough rising. See Recipe Notes below for How to Use a Warm Oven for Yeast Dough Rise.
- Place loaf pan with dough into oven to rise for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and keep near oven to keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately remove baked loaf from pan.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
How to Use a Warm Oven for Yeast Dough Rise: Preheat oven to 175ºF with oven light on and then turn off oven temperature. Open door of oven to let some heat escape; place heatproof glass bowl with dough into oven. Close oven door and set timer for rise time.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.