A distinctive and flavorful maple syrup made with an apple cider reduction, our Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup is ideal for lazy weekend breakfasts and holiday or special occasion brunches. Recipe includes variations for Orange Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup, Spiced Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup and Spiced Orange Bourbon-Maple Syrup. It’s the perfect syrup for French toast, pancakes, waffles and more. Irresistible!
- 4 cups (960 ml) organic fresh pressed apple cider
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) fine-quality bourbon
- 1 cup (240 ml) organic pure maple syrup
- Pinch of kosher salt
- In a large saucepan, bring apple cider to a full boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer, uncovered and swirling the pan frequently, until the cider reduces to 1 cup, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in bourbon, maple syrup and salt. Cool until warm and transfer to syrup dispenser or small pitcher. Serve warm or cool completely before serving.
For Spiced Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup: Whisk in ¾ teaspoon fine-quality ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg and pinch of ground cloves.
For Orange Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup: In lieu of 2 tablespoons bourbon, add 1 tablespoon bourbon and 1 tablespoons Grand Marnier® orange cognac or other orange liqueur.
For Spiced Orange Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup: Add spices listed above for Spiced Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup variation and spirits listed for Orange Bourbon-Cider Maple Syrup variation.
Store syrup in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.