What makes our Pumpkin Pie Martini wicked good? In our recipe, we use a fine-quality bourbon with Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon, Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur for an autumnal nutty flavor and rich Bailey’s® Irish Cream as well as a perfectly spiced pumpkin simple syrup/purée to create an exceptional Pumpkin Pie Martini. It’s like pumpkin pie in a martini glass. Do you enjoy spiked eggnog like Colonel Blanton did? If so, this Pumpkin Pie Martini will send you over the moon!
- For the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup/Purée
- ½ cup canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- ½ cup purified water
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup organic light brown cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Dash pure vanilla extract
- For the Optional Rim Garnish
- ½ cup turbinado raw sugar
- ½ ounce Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur
- For the Cocktail
- Ice for cocktail shaker
- 2 ounces Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon
- 2 ounces Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur
- 1½ ounces Bailey’s® Irish Cream
- 1 ounce half & half cream
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup/Purée
- Freshly ground nutmeg, for cocktail garnish
- Special Equipment
- Cocktail shaker
- Chilled martini glass
- Rimmed shallow plates for rim garnish, optional
- Prepare the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup/Purée: In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin purée, water, sugars and spices. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook stirring often to dissolve sugars. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely. Recipe can be prepared in advance. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Prepare the Rim Garnish: Place turbinado raw sugar into a rimmed shallow plate. Pour Frangelico into a rimmed shallow plate. Dip rim of martini glass into the plate with the liqueur, then immediately dip into the plate with the sugar.
- Prepare the Cocktail: Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add remaining cocktail ingredients and shake vigorously, about 20 seconds. Strain into prepared martini glass. Dust cocktail with a whisper of freshly grated nutmeg and serve.
Tips: The Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup/Purée can be made 1 day in advance. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Variations: Recipe can be prepared with fine-quality rum in lieu of bourbon. Also, the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup/Purée can be made with all brown sugar (light or dark brown sugar or muscovado) for richer molasses flavor and darker color.
Variation Suggestion: We like the El Dorado 15 Year Old Rum which is a blend of Demerara rums ranging in age from 15 years to 25 years. The rums are aged in oak casks and then blended by the master blender to achieve a consistent flavor. El Dorado 15 has received numerous awards over the years including several gold medals.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.