What makes our Pumpkin Pie Martini wicked good? We use a fine-quality bourbon, such as Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon, and a homemade pumpkin spice simple syrup to create an exceptional seasonal cocktail. It’s like pumpkin pie in a martini glass!
For the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup
- ½ cup (122 g) canned or homemade pumpkin purée
- ½ cup (120 ml) purified water
- ¼ cup (50 g) granulated cane sugar
- ¼ cup (50 g) light brown cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1.25 g) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon (.44 g) ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon (.25 g) ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon (.25 g) ground cloves
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- Few drops pure vanilla extract
For the Optional Rim Garnish
- ½ cup (50 g) turbinado raw sugar
- ½ ounce (15 ml or 1 tablespoon) Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur
For the Cocktail
- Ice for cocktail shaker
- 2 ounces (60 ml or ¼ cup) Blanton’s® Original Single Barrel Bourbon
- 2 ounces (60 ml or ¼ cup) Frangelico® Hazelnut Liqueur
- 1½ ounces (45 ml or 3 tablespoons) Bailey’s® Irish Cream
- 1 ounce (30 ml or 2 tablespoons) half & half cream
- 1 ounce (30 ml or 2 tablespoons) Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup (above)
- Freshly ground nutmeg, for cocktail garnish
- Cocktail shaker
- Chilled martini glass
- Rimmed shallow plates for rim garnish, optional
- Prepare the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin purée, water, sugars and spices. Over medium-high heat, bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook stirring often to dissolve sugars. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Prepare the Rim Garnish: Place turbinado raw sugar into a rimmed shallow plate. Pour Frangelico into a rimmed shallow plate. Dip rim of martini glass into the plate with the liqueur, then immediately dip into the plate with the sugar.
- Prepare the Cocktail: Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add remaining cocktail ingredients and shake vigorously, about 20 seconds. Strain into prepared martini glass. Dust cocktail with a whisper of freshly grated nutmeg and serve.
- Yield: Recipe makes 1 large Martini cocktail and enough Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup to make 8 Pumpkin Pie Martini cocktails, about 1 cup (240 ml).
The Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup can be made one (1) day in advance. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Recipe can be prepared with fine-quality rum in lieu of bourbon. (See Shopping Suggestions below.) Also, the Pumpkin Spice Simple Syrup can be made with all brown sugar (light or dark brown sugar or muscovado) for richer molasses flavor and darker color.
Wicked Good Kitchen highly recommends selecting organic ingredients whenever possible.
For this recipe, in addition to the brands of spirits featured in this recipe, we highly recommend organic granulated cane sugar, light brown cane sugar, turbinado raw sugar, pumpkin purée, spices and Organic Valley® Half & Half Cream as well as Nielsen-Massey® Organic Pure Vanilla Extract. In addition, for the rum variation above, we use and highly recommend the El Dorado™ 15 Year Old Rum which is a blend of Demerara rums ranging in age from 15 years to 25 years. The rums are aged in oak casks and then blended by the master blender to achieve a consistent flavor. El Dorado™ 15 has received numerous awards over the years including several gold medals.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.