Our Pumpkin Pecan Pie Granola is unique because it calls for a special pumpkin butter, Pecan Pumpkin Butter by Muirhead. Rich and full of pumpkin pie flavor, ample amounts of coconut, nutrient-rich seeds and nuts, the right amount of spices, chewy-fruity plump dried cranberries and crisp rice cereal, providing extra crunch, this pumpkin granola has it all.
- 3½ cups (350 grams) old-fashioned rolled oats, such as Quaker®
- ½ cup (35 grams) unsweetened coconut flakes (¾ cup if not using pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup (40 grams) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (70 grams) organic unsalted pumpkin seeds (pepitas) or sunflower seeds (or combination of both)
- ½ cup (100 grams) firmly packed organic light brown cane sugar
- 1¼ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons (70 grams) organic virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup or honey (or blend of both)
- ½ to ¾ cup (120 to 180 grams) Pecan Pumpkin Butter by Muirhead™
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1½ cups (50 grams) crisp rice cereal, such as Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies
- 1 cup (85 grams) sliced almonds
- 1 cup (110 grams) coarse-fine chopped pecans
- 1 cup (120 grams) dried cranberries (or favorite dried fruit)
- Place oven rack in center of oven and preheat oven to 325ºF. Line rimmed half-sheet baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Stir oil and maple syrup or honey (or blend of both) in saucepan over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and stir in pecan pumpkin butter and vanilla.
- Pour warm maple syrup or honey mixture over oat mixture; toss well to evenly incorporate. Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes, about 35 to 40 minutes. Halfway through baking time, add crisp rice cereal and nuts; stir. Continue to bake.
- Remove from oven; while hot stir in fruit. Cool on wire rack, stirring once during cooling process. Once granola is completely cool, it is ready to serve. Store granola in airtight container in a cool dry place.
For Gluten-Free Option: Use certified gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats, such as Bob’s Red Mill® instead of old-fashioned oats by Quaker® and Organic Gluten-free Crispy Brown Rice Cereal, such as Erewhon® by Attune Foods, instead of Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies cereal.
Can be made 1 week in advance. If you do not have coconut oil on hand, use light olive oil.
If substituting regular or homemade pumpkin butter, because it may be more moist than the very thick Pecan Pumpkin Butter by Muirhead, additional baking time may be required to ensure crispy (versus “sticky”) granola. Be sure to spread the granola out into a thin layer for even and thorough baking. If necessary, use two (2) separate baking sheets to achieve this.
Serving Suggestion: Try this granola with almond milk. For guests, offer almond milk in addition to dairy milk.
Play with Your Food: Mix it up! Try adding sesame seeds and/or flax seeds.
Original Recipe Source: WickedGoodKitchen.com
Copyright © Wicked Good Kitchen. All content and images are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-write the recipe in your own words. Alternatively, link back to this post for the recipe.