This gluten-free Light & Airy Millet Sandwich Bread is ideal not only for sandwiches, but for making croutons for stuffing or dressing this holiday season. The bread is not only light and airy, it is also moist! Plus, it tastes great. It is super easy to throw together when the mood strikes for homemade gluten-free yeast bread, too. The recipe does not require a huge chunk of time to prepare which is a major bonus.
Yes, an easy gluten-free bread recipe you can easily make at home from scratch. Only light kneading is required, you quickly mix the dough in a mixing bowl and rise times are done in record time. Every gluten-free home baker should have this recipe!
But, that’s not all. This recipe is not only gluten-free but is also dairy-free. And, the psyllium husk flakes help aid digestion. What’s not to love?
What makes our Light & Airy Millet Sandwich Bread wicked good? Did we mention how easy it is to prepare and that it is moist and tasty? Not only that, it is good for you. Why not whip up some dough and bake a loaf today?
- 2 1/3 cups + 1 tablespoons (300 grams) millet flour
- 1 cup (125 grams) tapioca flour
- ¼ cup (41 grams) potato starch
- ¾ cup (78 grams) golden flax seed meal
- ¼ cup (24 grams) organic whole psyllium husk flakes
- 4 teaspoons (14 grams) instant yeast, preferably SAF Yeast (red label)
- ½ teaspoon (3.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 large eggs (112 grams), slightly beaten
- ¼ cup (50 grams) light olive oil, plus extra for greasing bowl for rising
- 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey
- 2 cups warm (110ºF.) water
- Extra millet flour for kneading
How to Use a Warm Oven for Yeast Dough Rise: Preheat oven to 175ºF with oven light on and then turn off oven temperature. Open door of oven to let some heat escape; place heatproof glass bowl with dough into oven. Close oven door and set timer for rise time.